We recommend having a good and stable internet connection while using HomeCourt for the best possible experience.
However, you can record an activity while device is offline. Please connect your device to Wi-Fi at the next opportunity and launch HomeCourt in the foreground so that HomeCourt can upload the activity to the cloud and free up your device storage. Advanced shot analysis will also be conducted when the device is connected to Wi-Fi, if your device does not support real-time advanced shot analysis (see this post on which devices support real-time advanced shot analysis).
Please do note that the following features may not work properly if an activity is recorded offline, even if the activity is subsequently uploaded to the cloud when connected to Wi-Fi:
- Updating your personal records / personal best
- Updating your Skill Ratings
- Submitting your record to leaderboard
- Retrieving your standing relative to the global leaderboard at the end of recording
The following features also require Internet connectivity to work:
- start a Battle
- Account and profile functionality, including sign up, sign in, updating your profile, switching to a family profile, sharing a profile link (either your own or another user’s), &c.
- Social functionality, including searching for another user, viewing another user’s profile, follow another user, accept or decline another user’s follow request, sharing an activity, &c.
- Team functionality, including viewing team stats and leaderboards, team membership management, accepting or declining a team invite, &c.
- Leaderboard functionality, including retrieving the latest leaderboard standings, viewing a record on leaderboard, &c.
- Viewing a video which is not already cached on your device storage
- Subscription functionality, including subscribe, manage your subscription, restore purchase, cancel subscription, &c.