For children privacy protection reasons, once a HomeCourt account has been created with a date of birth below 13 years of age, it will be created as a kid account, and the system will not allow any changes to screen name, email address, date of birth, profile picture or privacy settings.
If you no longer need the kid account previously created, you can delete the account by following the steps below, but please also note that once an account has been deleted, it is irreversible and no longer recoverable:
- Update your HomeCourt app to version 3.34 or above from the App Store.
- Go to Profile › Settings (the toggles button at the top right).
- Scroll to the bottom, tap Delete Account, and read through the on-screen warnings and instructions to delete the account.
You may then sign up for a full-fledged HomeCourt account, with your own date of birth and under your name and control.
- Once you've created a full-fledged HomeCourt account for yourself, you can create multiple profiles for your family members under your account if you would like to separate the records among your family. Please check out https://www.homecourt.ai/faq/squads2 for details.
- If you would like a family profile to join the team, please switch to the family profile created under 3. above, then tap the team invite link that you have previously received to accept the team invite using the family profile.
These steps can be done entirely by yourself, but if you have any inquiry along the way, please feel free to let us know as well. You can reach us at email@example.com.